Are you tired of pushing your bulky lawn mower? Do you want to mow your lawn without fretting and without hurting your pocket? Well, the wait is over because below are the top 10 best riding lawn mowers costing less than $1,500.It’s time to bring comfort into your life.
- 1 Best Riding Lawn Mowers Under 1500 Reviews
- 2 Troy-Bilt Pony 42" Riding Lawn Mower Tractor with 42-Inch Deck and 500cc 17.5HP Briggs and Stratton Engine
- 3 Snapper 2911525BVE Classic RER 28 inch 11.5 HP 344cc Rear Engine Riding Mower 2691525
- 4 Husqvarna LTH17538 38 in. 17.5 HP Briggs & Stratton Intek V-Twin Hydrostatic Riding Mower
- 5 Craftsman T225 19 HP Briggs & Stratton Gold 46-Inch Gas Powered Riding Lawn Mower
- 6 RedMax New RZT48 48" Deck Riding Zero-Turn Mower with 23Hp Kawasaki Engine
- 6.1 6. Sun Joe iON100V-21LM-CT 21 in. 100V Max Lithium-ion Cordless Self-Propelled Lawn Mower
- 6.2 7. WORX WG958 14-inch 40V (4.0AH) WG779 Cordless Lawn Mower
- 6.3 8. WORX WG719 13 Amp 20" Electric Lawn Mower
- 6.4 9. Yard Machines 159cc 21-Inch Self-Propelled Front-Wheel Drive Gas Lawn Mower
- 6.5 10. Pulsar PTG1221SE 21” Self-Propelled Gasoline Powered Lawn Mower
Best Riding Lawn Mowers Under 1500 Reviews
1.Troy-Bilt 382cc 30-Inch Premium Neighborhood Riding Lawn Mower
Troy-Bilt Pony 42" Riding Lawn Mower Tractor with 42-Inch Deck and 500cc 17.5HP Briggs and Stratton Engine
- 500cc 17.5 HP Briggs and Stratton Engine
- 7 speed transmission
- 42 inch steel deck with dual blades
- Mulch and side discharge
- Steel front axle, comfortable mid back seat, OCR mow in reverse
Troy-Bilt is known for launching revolutionary products which changed the farming landscape of America. Today,this lawn mower from Troy-Bilt also tops our list of top 10 best riding lawn mowers below $1,500. It features a 382cc Auto Choke OHV engine with a top forward speed of 4.25 mph and a 6-step transmission system.The most amazing thing I found in this riding mower is its compact design coupled with a cutting deck of 30-inches that cuts the grass quickly and efficiently. Its comfortable seat rising up to mid-level and a 13-inch soft grip steering wheel always gives you an extraordinary feeling.
- Easily navigates to places where larger mowers can’t go.
- The wheels are uneven (front measuring 13 x 5 inches and rear measuring 16 x 6.5 inches), durable and last long.
- Blade with five different height adjustable settings.
- Always easy on the pocket.
- Excellent cutting ability.
- Fuel tank with a capacity of 1.3 gals.
- Noisy operation.
- Not made to perform on slopes or hills.
2. Snapper 2911525BVE Classic RER 28 inch 11.5 HP 344cc Rear Engine Riding Mower 2691525
Snapper 2911525BVE Classic RER 28 inch 11.5 HP 344cc Rear Engine Riding Mower 2691525
- 11.5 hp Briggs & Stratton Power Built 4-Cycle OHV Engine
- Vertical Stand-on-Edge Capability
Snapper 2911525BVE has succeeded in securing the second place in our list. The robust Briggs and Stratton Gas Engine put it in the category of the most trustworthy brands of America. If you want to quickly cover a larger lawn area, I suggest look no further than the 2911525BVE model from Snapper. Though it comes with a ready start feature to lessen your mowing time, I would give credit to its 46-inch cutting deck also.Cleaning the deck of riding lawn mowers is a common concern but with the availability of a deck wash, it never gives you a chance to worry about underside cleaning.
- The Mow-In-Reverse feature allows easy maneuvering and extended reach.
- Uneven and durable Turf Saver Wheels allow better movement.
- Automatic Foot-Pedal transmission gives you complete control.
- Strong 18.5 HP engine easily handles large yards.
- Mid-back seat provides extra comfort and support.
- Starts with a key.
- Need maintenance, the plastic parts in the body may easily break if not handled properly.
- Customer service is dis satisfactory.
3. Husqvarna LTH17538
Husqvarna LTH17538 38 in. 17.5 HP Briggs & Stratton Intek V-Twin Hydrostatic Riding Mower
- Adjustable 13 in. mid-back seat, ergonomic steering wheel and easy step-through design provide comfort and easy operation
- 17.5 hp Briggs and Stratton Intek engine offers powerful performance
- Foot pedal-operated hydrostatic transmission allows you to change speed and direction, which lets you keep both hands on the steering wheel for optimum driving control
- Reverse operating system allows the operator to mow in reverse with a simple turn of a switch
- 38 in. reinforced cutting deck with air induction mowing technology and dual anti-scalp wheels
If you want a powerful riding mower having the ability to satisfy all your mowing needs, look no further than Husqvarna LTH17538. This mower has perfect blades (of perfect width) to do the job. Moving it in your lawn is very easy, you’ll feel as if you are riding a toy car around the trees and flower beds of your yard. While mowing your yard, you will realize that it is quite light and easy to operate. It has air induction mowing technology that lifts the grass and gives you a perfect cut. I found that its hydrostatic transmission operated by pedal gives you complete control and improves its performance.
- There are many accessories you can attach with it and use it during any part of the year.
- Air induction mowing technology enhances your mowing experience and gives you nothing less than a perfect cut.
- With an automatic choke, you just need to turn a key to start this mower.
- Powerful and efficient
- Easy to operate.
- Easy to transport.
- A little noisy.
- Seat switching is a bit annoying.
4. Craftsman T225 19 HP Briggs & Stratton Gold 46-Inch Gas Powered Riding Lawn Mower
Craftsman T225 19 HP Briggs & Stratton Gold 46-Inch Gas Powered Riding Lawn Mower
- POWERFUL BRIGGS AND STRATTON GAS ENGINE WITH READY START: Powerful gas engine suitable for larger yard jobs while ready start technology provides a quick, efficient start.
- 46-INCH CUTTING WITH INCLUDED DECK WASH: Lawn tractor comes equipped with wide 46-Inch cutting deck for cutting, trimming, and clipping grass in one quick sweep. Included deck wash saves time when underside cleaning.
- HYDRO-TRANSMISSION: Unit is equipped with foot hydrostatic transmission.
- MOW-IN-REVERSE: Take your mower in reverse to easily maneuver in and out of trouble spots.
- SUPPORTIVE HIGH-BACK SEAT: High-back cushioned seat provides optimum comfort.
The next on our list is also from Craftsman having a 19 HP engine. Yes, it one of those mowers perfect for larger lawns. With the hydro-transmission feature, the power is in your hand because the hydrostatic transmission in this unit can be adjusted by hand. In order to enhance your mowing experience, I believe the Turf Saver Wheels play an important role. The front wheels measuring 15-inches and the rear ones measuring 20-inches helps in easy maneuverability and clearing the grass quickly and easily. Though it is priced a bit higher on Amazon, some great deals on other websites can make this yours in less than $1,500. Use Google to find such deals.
- Mid-back seat is supportive and rests at the user’s middle providing extra comfort.
- The Mow-In-Reverse feature allows this mower to easily reverse and easily overcome the trouble spots.
- Choking or priming not required, turn only the key to start.
- Robust 19 HP engine from Briggs and Stratton.
- Availability of the deck wash feature removes a lot of hassle.
- Wider cutting deck of 46-inches.
- Need to search for a deal to get it below $1,500.
- Customer service experience is not always good.
5. RedMax New RZT48 48" Deck Riding Zero-Turn Mower with 23Hp Kawasaki Engine
RedMax New RZT48 48" Deck Riding Zero-Turn Mower with 23Hp Kawasaki Engine
$3,099.95 in stock
- Easy to service, easy to operate and designed for the long haul, the RZT provides satisfaction year after year.
- Cutting Deck Specs: Cutting Width: 48 in, Cutting Deck Type: 10-gauge fabricated, Cutting Methods: Collect/Mulch/Side discharge, Cutting Deck Material: Steel, Deck Thickness: 10 gauge, Blade
- Engine Specs: Motor/Engine Manufacturer: Kawasaki, Engine Name: FR Series, Cylinder Displacement: 44.3 cu.inch, Cylinders: 2, Engine Cooling: Air, Power/Fuel Type: Gasoline, Engine Lubrication Type:
- Drive System Specs: Transmission Manufacturer: Hydro-Gear, Transmission Model: ZT-2200, Fan-Cooled Pumps: Yes
- Dimensions: Base Machine Length: 75 in, Base Machine Height: 40 in, Weight: 592 lbs
The next on our list is a cordless lawn mower from RedMax+ that features a 600W, high torque, magnetic motor. The most impressive feature of this mower is that in terms of performance, it is like a gas mower but produces 30 percent less noise and comes in a foldable, compact design easing cleaning and storing. A cutting deck of 20-inches certainly decreases the total rounds required for mowing your lawn. .LED headlights make mowing an any-time affair, whether day or night. Now, mow when you want to.
- It allows mulching, side discharging, and bagging; a true 3-in-1 mower.
- One of the Eco-friendliest mowers in the market.
- Starts by just pushing a button, freedom from pulling a cord.
- Cordless, runs on a battery which gives a 90-minute cut time.
- Comes with a 5-years warranty on the tool.
- Weather resistant and easily foldable design.
- Battery and charger not included.
- The plastic body needs to be handled carefully.
6. Sun Joe iON100V-21LM-CT 21 in. 100V Max Lithium-ion Cordless Self-Propelled Lawn Mower
A famous saying about Sun Joe mowers is “Mow with Joe”. I somehow agree with it because the mowers from it are the rare combinations of power, comfort, and style. This mower also features a robust brushless motor of 1,000 Watts and comes with a discharge chute and a 13.2-gallon capacity grass-collecting bag. If I am asked to tell a single best thing about this mower, I can’t because there are many. It’s 20-inches cutting deck, 28 kg weight (without the battery), ability to perform for 45 minutes, even cutting, and several other features make it excel. This is why it isthe best lawn mower under $500 and this is also the reason why we have included it in our list.
- Lightweight and compact in size make it the easiest-to-move lawn mower.
- With the presence of a collapsible handle no need to worry about storage.
- The 7-position height adjustment feature makes it the perfect choice for people of any height.
- Runs on battery and is eco-friendly.
- Powerful brushless motor of 1,000 watts.
- Large capacity grass collection bag, no need to empty it again and again.
- Battery and charger need to be purchased separately.
- Not the perfect choice for bigger lawns.
7. WORX WG958 14-inch 40V (4.0AH) WG779 Cordless Lawn Mower
The sixth on our list is the WG958 40V 14-inches cordless lawn mower from WORX. It runs on battery and the best thing is that battery and charger are included in the package, you don’t need to purchase them separately. Though it is priced at around $350, after certain discounts you can get it for around $270 from Amazon. Moreover, a powerful blower is also included in this price. What more can we expect? Coming to the features, it has a 14-inch cutting deck which makes it a perfect mower for small to medium sized lawns. It is also equipped with the Intellicut technology that provides extra torque whenever required.
- Availability of a single lever for adjusting the cut height.
- A foldable handle provides the flexibility to store it anywhere.
- The blower is powerful enough to handle any job.
- Attractive offering at an affordable price.
- Compact in size (37.5 x 16 x 13.6 inches) and weighs only 33.5 pounds.
- 2-in-1 rear discharge.
- Suitable only for flat terrains.
- Battery performance average.
8. WORX WG719 13 Amp 20" Electric Lawn Mower
If you want an electric mower with a wide cutting deck, consumes less electricity, and attractively priced, I will suggest going for WORX WG719. This 13 Amp mower with 20-inches cutting deck is made to quickly mow your small to medium sized lawn. It is a 3-in-1 mower which means it side discharges, bags, and mulches. Its compact size makes maneuverability easy and its ability to fold completelyallows you to store this mower in the standing position. When storage space is a problem, it is a big help. With the presence of foam padded handle, this mower is also high on comfort.
- Its handle collapses in just a single touch and makes it ready to fit in a compact place.
- For extra maneuverability, it features caster wheel design with locks.
- The cutting deck is made of steel that provides premium mulching facilities.
- A large cutting deck makes it a time-saver.
- Runs on electricity, no need to worry about refilling the gas or recharging the battery.
- Not limited to flat terrains, works efficiently on sloppy and hilly regions as well.
- Some pieces are reported with technical faults, check thoroughly before purchasing.
- Customer service needs improvement.
9. Yard Machines 159cc 21-Inch Self-Propelled Front-Wheel Drive Gas Lawn Mower
Yard Machines is known to produce some of the best home improvement tools and this mower is one of them. It features a 159cc gas engine that is powerful enough to quickly mow a small-medium sized yard or lawn. Its side discharge and mulching feature are sufficient to fulfill your mowing needs. Another feature that helps you quickly finish the mowing job is its 21-inch cutting deck, there is no need to spend a lot of time in the lawn. With the adjustable cut height of 1.25-3.75 inches, you can get the perfect texture in your lawn. Since it runs on gas, you can expect great performance.
- In comparison to the bulky Gas Lawn Mower, it weighs only 71.9 pounds.
- The presence of 8 x 8 wheels makes maneuverability easy.
- Starts by just pulling a cord.
- The gas tank is bigger in size, no need to refill it again and again.
- Mows the lawn faster.
- Adjustable cut height helps you get the perfect texture.
- It does not have the bagging feature.
- The chute can be a little larger.
10. Pulsar PTG1221SE 21” Self-Propelled Gasoline Powered Lawn Mower
A Pulsar PTG1221SE makes you realize that you really have the power in your hand. With the availability of a 173 cc, 4-stroke, gas engine in this mower, you can get a perfect lawn anytime of the year. The 21-inches cutting width and a seven-position height adjustment feature give you several options for cutting. This is a complete mower as it allows mulching, side-discharging, and bagging. The presence of smaller front wheels (8”) and bigger rear wheels (10”) means that it can perform efficiently on the flat as well as uneven terrains. The side discharge chute and bag to collect the grass comes with it.
- Self-propelled features make it more user-friendly.
- Electric push start saves your time and helps you maintain your lawn perfectly.
- Weighs just 80 lbs. which somehow eases maneuverability.
- The powerful gas engine of 173 cc.
- 3-in-1 mulching capability.
- Made to perform in every season of the year.
- Because of a gas-powered engine, this is a bit noisy.
- Bigger in size, not a good choice for tight spaces.