Are you also the one who believes mowing a lawn is nothing less than a dreadful task? If yes, relax because time has changed. Today, there are many lawn mowers which not only save the energy and time but also take care of the lawn in a precise way. Today’s post is about 10 such mowers and the best thing is that you can get them for less than $2,000.
- 1 Best Riding Lawn Mower Under 2000 Reviews
- 1.1 1. Troy-Bilt 382cc 30-Inch Premium Neighborhood Riding Lawn Mower
- 1.2 2. Craftsman T225 19 HP Briggs & Stratton Gold 46-Inch Gas Powered Riding Lawn Mower
- 1.3 3. Troy-Bilt 540cc Briggs & Stratton Intek Automatic 46-Inch Riding Lawnmower
- 1.4 4. WORX WG958 14-inch 40V (4.0AH) WG779 Cordless Lawn Mower
- 1.5 5. WORX WG719 13 Amp 20″ Electric Lawn Mower
- 1.6 6. Sun Joe MJ401C-PRO 14-Inch 28-Volt Cordless Push Lawn Mower
- 1.7 7. Greenworks PRO 21-Inch 80V Cordless Lawn Mower
- 1.8 8. American Lawn Mower Company 50514 14-Inch 11-Amp Corded Electric Lawn Mower
- 1.9 9. Honda HRX217K5VKA 187cc Gas 21 in. 4-in-1 Versamow System Lawn Mower
- 1.10 10. Husqvarna 960430212 YTA22V46 22V Fast Continuously Variable Transmission Tractor Mower
Best Riding Lawn Mower Under 2000 Reviews
1. Troy-Bilt 382cc 30-Inch Premium Neighborhood Riding Lawn Mower
The mower which has succeeded in securing the first place in our list is Troy-Bilt 382cc Neighborhood Riding Lawn Mower. Before learning about its features, the first thing you will notice about it is the rear placement of the engine.This mower features a 382cc engine which produces enough power to mow your mid-sized lawn or yard effortlessly. The presence of 30-inches cutting deck means you have to make fewer rounds in comparison to a mower with a cutting deck of 20-inches. It also ensures that your time and energy are saved. For your comfort, it has a soft grip steering wheel of 13-inches and the seat in this mower rises to your mid-back.
- The fuel tank can equip 1.3 gallons of fuel in one go and the presence of fuel sight window allows you to find out how much gas is remaining.
- The front wheels are smaller (13 x 5 inches) and rear wheels are larger (16 x 6.5 inches). It means this mower won’t stick on uneven grounds.
- Easy maneuverability is promised by the turning radius of 18 inches.
- The robust engine of 382cc.
- 6-speed transmission.
- Smooth operation and easy to maintain.
- Not the best mower for hills and slopes.
- A bit noisy in comparison to electric mowers.
2. Craftsman T225 19 HP Briggs & Stratton Gold 46-Inch Gas Powered Riding Lawn Mower
Craftsman, one of the most renowned brands of America, is known for producing some of the best riding lawn mowers and the T225 model is one of them. The biggest reason for putting it at the second place is its robust 19 HP gas engine from Briggs and Stratton which mows the larger yards quickly and efficiently. Another reason for placing it at the second number is its cutting deck of 46-inches. It is difficult to find a lawn mower in this price range having a 46-inches cutting deck. The availability of Ready Start Technology evades the need for priming or choking.
- Mow-In-Reverse helps your mower to move backward and perform greatly in trouble spots.
- The Turf Saver wheels (15-inches front and 20-inches rear) boost maneuverability.
- It has the Hydrostatic Foot-Pedal Transmission system. Now, the power in your legs too.
- Powerful 19 HP engine from Briggs and Stratton.
- The presence of Deck Wash feature makes cleaning this mower effortless.
- The front axle is made of cast iron.
- It is noisy.
- Weighs 583 pounds.
3. Troy-Bilt 540cc Briggs & Stratton Intek Automatic 46-Inch Riding Lawnmower
With a powerful Briggs and Stratton Intek engine of 540cc, mowing your large sized lawn or yard no longer remains a worry. Yes, this mower makes mowing a fun activity and the automatic transmission via a foot pedal backs it in this endeavor. Besides these basic features what makes it secure the number three position in our list is the level of comfort it provides to the user. It features a mid-back height seat, soft-touch steering wheel, and the Step Thru Frame which allows you to swiftly move in and out of this mower. Seeing the power produced and work done, its weight of 520 pounds is justifiable.
- A 46-inch cutting deck ensures that it saves your time and energy.
- The Mow-In-Reverse feature simplifies mowing in trouble spots.
- The combination of larger and smaller wheels (20” x 8” rear and 15” x 6” front) allows great maneuverability in flat as well as uneven terrain.
- Robust 19HP/ 540cc Briggs and Stratton Intek engine.
- Limited warranty for 2-years.
- Headlights allow mowing in the dark.
- Speed remains slow and constant while reversing.
- Steering sometimes loosens.
4. WORX WG958 14-inch 40V (4.0AH) WG779 Cordless Lawn Mower
If you evaluate, you will find that some of the best lawn mowers in the market are from WORX, WG958 is one of them. With a 14” cutting deck and two 240V 4.0 Ah Lithium-ion batteries, this one is a perfect lawnmower for small lawns. The one that makes it unique is the patented intellicut feature that provides extra torque when needed and it also helps in conserving the battery when required. Though its list price is $349.99, you can get it from Amazon at $299.99 along with a Turbine cordless blower. This kind of deal at this price is found rarely.
- With blower included in the package, you not only get efficiently cut grass but a clean lawn as well.
- Adjusting the cut heights is not a problem with the single lever present near its left-side front wheel.
- With the foldable handle, you can easily store it in compact places.
- 2-in-1 rear discharge.
- A powerful blower that can be operated single-handedly.
- Patented intellicut technology for additional torque.
- Suitable only for small lawns.
- Not successful in hilly regions.
5. WORX WG719 13 Amp 20″ Electric Lawn Mower
As we told you in the last review that WORX has produced some of the best lawn mowers, here is another one and it is at the fifth place in our list. By seeing only its design, you get the feeling that it can be trusted and after knowing about its price ($190) at Amazon, you are not left with any excuses for not buying it. This mower features castor wheels with locks which simply means extra maneuverability. When many mowers with foldable handle take your energy and time while storing, its handle collapses completely in just one touch. When you don’t expect much from a $190 mower, its steel cutting deck and extraordinary mulching capabilities surprises you.
- With multiple cut height adjustment settings, it performs perfectly in different conditions.
- The foam padded handle makes sure that you get extra comfort.
- The compact design and less weight (just 57 pounds) does not let you sweat while mowing.
- Caster wheels for easy maneuverability.
- Lightweight and compact.
- Comes with a grass collection bag.
- Corded, always a fear that its wire might tangle.
6. Sun Joe MJ401C-PRO 14-Inch 28-Volt Cordless Push Lawn Mower
The next on our list is Sun Joe MJ401C electric lawn mower. This eco-friendly mower is best suitable for small lawns. Because of the plastic body, it weighs only 23.1 pounds which means even elderly people and those having issues with lifting weight can use it easily. This is special because it is a Pro version, it not only has a rear discharge feature but is also featured with a rear discharge chute. The feature that I liked best in this mower from Sun Joe is its 28-volts Li-ion battery which is capable to mow more than 10,000 sq. ft. after a single charging session.
- Eco-friendly and freedom from tangling wires and pouring gasoline repeatedly.
- Extraordinary blades provide a pristine cut in a single pass.
- The capacity of grass collection bag is 10.6 gallons, enough to collect all grass clippings from mowing a small lawn.
- Compact and lightweight.
- Completely cordless, battery powered.
- Cutting deck of 14-inches.
- The plastic body makes it lightweight but needs to be handled with care.
- Only suitable for flat terrains.
7. Greenworks PRO 21-Inch 80V Cordless Lawn Mower
We have given the seventh position to Greenworks Pro 21-inch 80V cordless electric lawn mower which can cut your lawn for up to sixty minutes in a single charge. This is a beautifully designed mower and its brushless motor enhances the torque and delivers maximum power without much heating. Unlike traditional mowers, you will find that operating it is quite easy. For example, you just need to push a button to start it. This is a 3-in-1 mower which means all three cutting functions (bagging, mulching, and side way discharge) are present in it. I found that it is a bit noisy, so I suggest you wear your headphones while mowing.
- It is made up of durable material, performs well in tough conditions also.
- You can adjust the height of all wheels with a single handle.
- High run time in a single charge makes sure that your lawn is mowed in one charge only.
- Powerful brushless motor.
- Cuts grass of all sizes.
- Battery included in the package.
- Mulching not much effective when the grass is long and thick.
- A bit noisy.
8. American Lawn Mower Company 50514 14-Inch 11-Amp Corded Electric Lawn Mower
The American lawn mower company 50514 mower is gaining popularity all over because of its amazing features at such a low price. Its strong 11-amp motor gives you the power similar to a gas-powered mower and it also helps you in cutting any kind of grass with ease. There are 5 different settings to adjust the cut height from 1” – 2.5”. It allows mulching and rear-discharge. Its grass collection bag is of 16 gallons and has a grass level indicator but I found that you don’t require it much because the bag is large enough to storeall grass clippings off a small lawn.
- The grass collection bag of 16 gallons gives you the freedom from emptying it again and again.
- The strong motor of 11-amp produces enough power to cut tall grass with ease.
- The height of the handle can be easily adjusted to make it perfect for every user.
- Lightweight and compact.
- Very affordable.
- Is successful in hilly regions also.
- Easy-to-use but needs to be carefully handled.
- Factory blades dull quickly.
9. Honda HRX217K5VKA 187cc Gas 21 in. 4-in-1 Versamow System Lawn Mower
The name Honda does not need an introduction. This self-propelled mower makes it more popular. Its list price is $699 but you can get it for $599 at Amazon. Also, an additional discount of $50after approval of the Amazon Rewards Visa Card makes this great mower more attractive. It comes with a powerful gas-powered engine which mows your lawn exceptionally well in any time of the year. If your lawn is anywhere around ¼ – ¾ acres, this will be the beast in your lawn. Also, it doesn’t mind moderately hilly terrains. Many gas mowers can have the same functionality but very few of them are easy-to-use and have the same kind of versatile adaptability.
- Starts easily and quickly.
- With Versamow, you can easily switch between mulching, shredding, bagging and discharging.
- Select Drive allows you to set the most suitable cutting pace.
- MicroCut Blades for a precise cut.
- Availability of an emergency shutoff feature that instantly stops it.
- Attractive pricing.
- No port for washing the deck.
- The gas tank is small.
10. Husqvarna 960430212 YTA22V46 22V Fast Continuously Variable Transmission Tractor Mower
The last position in our list is secured by Husqvarna 960430212 YTA22V46 22V Fast Continuously Variable Transmission Tractor Mower. It features a Braggs and Stratton engine. Cleaning the deck of a riding mower is always a hassle but this one from Husqvarna comes with a port with which you can connect a water hose and easily wash the underside of the deck. In order to help it move easily, the company has mounted the deck on the spring lever. This mower comes with a limited warranty of 3-years and a frame and chassis warranty of 5-years, no need to worry about small wear and tear.
- The Air Induction mowing technology helps in improving the flow of air within its deck.
- Can be used for the whole year.
- With the presence of automatic choke, you just need to turn the key and start mowing your lawn.
- Powerful 22 HP engine from Braggs and Stratton.
- The large cutting width of 46 inches.
- FAST auto transmission controlled with a pedal.
- Sometimes, steering becomes a tough job.
- Weighs around 589 pounds.