- 1 Best Walk Behind Mower for Hills [Updated [year]]
- 1.1 8 Best Walk Behind Mower for Hills Reviews
- 1.1.1 1. Earthwise Lawn Mower (16″) 7
- 1.1.2 2. Toro Recycler® SmartStow (22″) 163cc Self-Propelled Lawn Mower
- 1.1.3 3. American Lawn Mower Company 50514 14-Inch 11-Amp Corded Electric Lawn Mower
- 1.1.4 4. Greenworks 16-Inch 10 Amp Corded Lawn Mower 25142
- 1.1.5 5. Troy-Bilt TB330 163cc 21-inch 3-in-1 Rear Wheel Drive Self-Propelled Lawnmower
- 1.1.6 6. Snapper P2185020E / 7800982 HI VAC 190cc 3-N-1 Rear Wheel Drive Variable Speed Self Propelled Lawn Mower with 21-Inch Deck and Ready Start System and 7 Position Height-of-Cut – Electric Start Option
- 1.1.7 7. Honda HRR216K9VKA 3-in-1 Variable Speed Gas Mower
- 1.1.8 8. POWERWORKS 60V 21-inch SP Mower, Battery and Charger
- 1.2 How did we select the best walk behind mower for hills for you!
- 1.1 8 Best Walk Behind Mower for Hills Reviews
Best Walk Behind Mower for Hills [Updated [year]]
Hilly slopes can add a decent and refreshing change of landscape to your lawn but at the same time, prove to be quite a task when it comes to mowing them. Using an incorrect mower might put you in trouble if you try to tidy your lawn with it and stand the risk of tippling over a slope.
Using a walk behind mower for hills offers the advantage of working seamlessly on a hilly slope. As you walk along a hill slope, you can easily adjust the position of the mower and continue to mow your lawn without any hurdle.
Here, we have covered the best walk behind mower for hills for your consideration so that your lawn might become the garden of envy for the neighbors.
We recommend going for the Greenworks corded lawn mower for dependable performance.
8 Best Walk Behind Mower for Hills Reviews
1. Earthwise Lawn Mower (16″) 7
Blade Push Reel Lawn Mower: If a reel mower is what you are planning to go with, this is the best out of the lot which you can pick for your sloped garden inclines. This is also a great pick for those who are looking for a mower option under $300. As an environment friendly alternative to traditional gas lawn mowers, this is a perfect pick. This means, no gas, no oils and no fumes when you trim your lawns. The drive system requires you to push the mower around for trimming the grass. This mower is an excellent economic option for your garden. Take a look at the features of the mower right here:
- Offers a 16 inch wide cutting width.
- Weighs only 25 pounds.
- Unique 7 blade and 4 spider ball bearing reel composed of heat treated alloy steel blades and cutter bar.
- Unbreakable steel side plate of 1 inch welded torison bar assembly.
- 7 section roller can be adjusted for varying heights from 0.5 inch to 2.5 inches.
Easy to assemble without the need of any tools.
Unique T style handle with cushion grips for easy handling.
Light weight for ergonomic handling.
Push mower might be tiresome for large lawns or long growth.
2. Toro Recycler® SmartStow (22″) 163cc Self-Propelled Lawn Mower
If you are looking for a reliable self propelled walk behind mower for your hilly terrain, then this one is a good option to consider. It has a 163 cc engine built by Briggs and Stratton with a recoil start system. It comes with a 2 year warranty and offers 3 in 1 operation for side discharge, mulching and bagging. The steel deck material makes it a sturdy pick and the durable blade is powerful enough to get through the tough grasses on a non uniform surface. It can cut as wide as 22 inches and up to 4 inches in height. You can vary the speed of the mower as per your convenience up to a maximum of 3 MPH. The mower comes included with a rear bagger and a mulcher kit. Get to know about the features of the mower right here:
- 8 inch front tire size and 11 inch rear tire size for easy maneuverability.
- Weighs 83 pounds.
- Superior blade lift technology which suspends and re cuts clippings for a finer mulch.
- Unique close edge wheel design makes it easy to mow close to landscape features.
- Reduced storage space as it can be stored vertically without the risk of spilling fluids.
- Reduced engine noise with super Lo Tone muffler feature.
- Variable speed drive system ensures that the mower works great on slopes and inclines.
- Might prove to be bulky for some.
3. American Lawn Mower Company 50514 14-Inch 11-Amp Corded Electric Lawn Mower
This electric corded push lawn mower is the go to option when you want a clean and reliable way to trim your lawn. Built with a durable and powerful motor, this device is built to provide sustainable and ergonomic solutions to your everyday mowing jobs. Without the downside of oil or gas, this mower cuts through the toughest grasses with efficiency and is ready with a single push of the button. This mower is easily customizable to suit the needs of the user and cuts grasses as high as 2.5 inches. A unique feature of this mower is its grass bag which comes with a level indicator, informing the user when the bag is full. Here are the features of the mower for your reference.
- Weighs under 25.4 pounds, which makes it a lean and compact choice for mowing.
- Easy cord retention hook for hanging the cord.
- 7 Inch easy roll composite wheels for easy operation around slopes and flat surfaces.
- Convenient bagging option with 9.25 gallon capacity.
- Powerful 11 Amp motor that gets the job done easily.
- Single lever height adjustment option for multiple handle length.
- Cushioned grip on handles makes it possible to carry the mower easily.
- Easily fold handles to store with ease
- Comparatively lightweight
- Cannot cut grasses of tall heights.
4. Greenworks 16-Inch 10 Amp Corded Lawn Mower 25142
Cut through the toughest grass to clean your lawn and trim down to a neat level. Designed for use on small lawns, this mower can be started with one push and operates seamlessly. This mower solves your problem when it comes to mowing a hilly slope on your lawn. The mower easily converts from a rear bag to a mulching mower. If you still believe that you need a gas mower to get the job done, it is time to move on and get this one for your garden. With a unique design and sturdy body, this mower is designed to be your friend under any condition. The kind of convenience that this mower offers is vastly unbeatable with lightweight operation, less vibration, less noise, easy to start and operate, no need for gas, no tune up and no air filter. One push button offers ease of starting the mower without any problem.
- Mower weighs 37.5 pounds, which is quite light for easy operation.
- Comes with a user manual and warranty.
- Draws power from a corded electric wire.
- Product dimensions: 28.4 x 15.75 x 20.3 in
- 5 height adjustment options.
- With this mower, bagging and mulching can be done easily.
- With 6 inch front wheels and 7 inch rear wheels, mower offers maximum maneuverability.
- Storage is quite easy since handles can be folded easily.
- Does not require any batteries or charging.
- Can be difficult to maneuver in a large lawn since mower runs on corded power.
- Some of the parts such as the handle are super lightweight, putting them at a risk of breaking easily.
5. Troy-Bilt TB330 163cc 21-inch 3-in-1 Rear Wheel Drive Self-Propelled Lawnmower
Perhaps the best pick in a self propelled lawn mower, this is a power packed option for a lawn mower with 21 inch TriAction cutting system. The mower also integrates a premium deck and is designed with a single lever drive control which can be varied for speed. You can change the speed settings by choosing from four top speed settings, designed to meet your comfort and convenience. It can be maneuvered around very easily, especially when it comes to trimming around trees and obstructions on the lawn. The engine of the mower gives a wonderful performance with its OHV engine. The mower packs a bunch of features and benefits, which make it a perfect pick for those who want to purchase a lawn mower with the purpose of mowing their hilly slopes. The brand is known to build powerful and dependable equipment in the US for outdoor use.
- The mower is designed with rear wheel drive, which makes it ideal for use on a small or medium size lawn of up to ¼ acres.
- The lawn mower comes with a bagging feature which allows you to collect all grass clippings.
- Equipped with a 163 cc Stratton OHV engine which packs the mower with ample power for high performance.
- 6 different height adjustment options between 1.25 inch and 3.75 inch.
- 8 inches wheels on the front and back provide easy maneuver options on lawns which are not uniform.
- Wide cutting deck helps in covering more grass area at a time, saving time and effort.
- Comfortable handles allow easy operation and allows easy regulation of blades.
- Ergonomic and compact design allows easy operation and storage.
- Comes with a warranty.
- Handles are not cushioned, which can put some strain on the palms.
- The plastic levers are not very long lasting and might require replacement.
6. Snapper P2185020E / 7800982 HI VAC 190cc 3-N-1 Rear Wheel Drive Variable Speed Self Propelled Lawn Mower with 21-Inch Deck and Ready Start System and 7 Position Height-of-Cut – Electric Start Option
This powerful lawn mower comes from the brand Snapper, which is an excellent clipper for grasses of varied length. It acts as a 3 in 1 device can mulch and discharge from the sides. The signature feature of the mower is its speed, which can make it go up to 4 miles an hour. It is equipped with a unique disc drive transmission system which allows a user to slow down or speed up at a hilly slope, giving them a uniform speed over a slope. The mower comes with a 3 year warranty to support the customer’s purchase decision. The mower is equipped with a Hi Vac system that helps in uplifting the blades and the rolled deck style of the mower provides a clean look to the device.
- The mower comes with a rear wheel drive.
- The mower comes with a bagging feature for collecting the clipped grass.
- 3 in 1 mower provides multiple features
- Powerful speed action that provides uniform motion even on slopped terrain.
- Option to adjust height for different cutting angles.
- You can easily adjust the height of the mower between 1.25 inches and 4 inches for convenient operation.
- The handle bar of the mower is rolled with foam grip for easy handling.
- You can easily turn the wheels of the mower without causing any damage to your lawn.
- The engine of the mower is very powerful, making it a durable and lasting choice.
- Mulching kit of the mower is sold separately so in case you do not wish to buy it, the clippings will be discharged.
7. Honda HRR216K9VKA 3-in-1 Variable Speed Gas Mower
Coming from the renowned brand Honda is this self propelled lawn mower. All you need to do is to push a lever and the mower will perform the function that you require. Whether it is mulching, bagging or side discharge, you can get it all you need in this single mower. When you are in a haste to mow your lawn, you can rely upon this mower which can gain a speed of up to 4 miles an hour. The mower offers different cutting heights which can be adjusted as per convenience. The unique thing about this mower is that it comes with an auto choke functionality. Simply pull the cord to start the mower and start clipping the grasses.
- The mower owns a powerful Honda engine with 4 cylinders which complies with the standards of emission and fuel economy.
- It comes with a collector bag for collecting the clipped grass.
- Comes with a 3 year warranty.
- Unique auto choke functionality.
- You can easily adjust the height of the mower for convenient use
- Foamed handle bar makes it easy to grab the mower and maneuver it around your lawn.
- Store the mower conveniently as it can be folded for a compact storage.
- Start with a simple flip of the lever.
- Since this is a gas mower, it can be quite heavy to operate when the mower is filled.
8. POWERWORKS 60V 21-inch SP Mower, Battery and Charger
Coming from the brand Powerworks is this powerful electric tool for your yard which provides superior features and lasting performance. This 3 in 1 mower lets you decide whether you wish to bag, mulch or side discharge your clippings. Designed for better performance at less power, this is a durable machine which will last with you for a long time. It provides added convenience, which is more than enough to beat the performance of any average lawn mower. You will find that this particular model is designed to perform both, effectively and efficiently. With its unique design, you will have no trouble maneuvering it around your lawn and on the hilly section of your garden. Get to know about its incredible features right here.
- Sturdy steel deck measures 21 inches wide and supports heavy duty mowing operations.
- 3 in 1 operations supported for mulching grass, bagging or side discharge of grass.
- Powerful brushless motor is powered with 60 V capacity for high and efficient performance.
- Provided with a 5 Ah battery which allows the equipment to run for 70 long undisrupted minutes.
- One of the most economic mowers in this price bracket for a single battery mower.
- Can be stored vertically for convenient and efficient storage.
- A single level allows adjustment of height for 7 different positions so that you can achieve the perfect cut on all types of grasses.
- The lithium ion battery can be charged rapidly in under 2.5 hours
- Low maintenance operation
- When used on self propelled mode, the battery can drain fairly fast.
- The cost of replacing batteries might be high.
How did we select the best walk behind mower for hills for you!
Your choice for the best walk behind mower for hills should be based on a number of factors but just in case you would like to go with our recommendation, here is what we had in mind while picking the Greenworks variant for your lawn
The model costs under $150, which is the most economic price bracket that you could settle for, while making a purchase decision for a lawn mower.
For your small yard, the device is equipped with a reliable motor that can deliver enough power to get the job done.
The variable wheel sizes on the front and back, give the device perfect maneuverability to walk across an uneven surface, which makes it perfect for your hilly terrain and cutting around those tight landscapes. It is adjustable enough to be stored in a compact space and lightweight enough to be carried around with ease.
With 2 in 1 mulching and rear discharge option, and height adjustment, you are in control of how you operate the device.
Ease of use
Makes much less noise than your average gas mower, and operates without much hassle.